From your Starter home to your dream home, we have your answers. Our Realtors guide you through making the right decision not only for today, but for all those tomorrows. In order to make the best decision possible, it’s important to research the market and consider all your options. But navigating the real estate world without help is nearly impossible – you need someone you can trust who can answer your questions. We are your homebuying Advantage.
Important steps for buyers.
- Find an agent that you trust. Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Always choose someone you feel comfortable with and that is experienced.
- Be an informed buyer. Visit with your Advantage Realtor about market trends and the buying process.
- Getting pre-qualified and pre-approved will strengthen your offer when you find a home. Familiarize yourself with the mortgage process by visiting with a mortgage lender.
- Be aware of your credit situation. You can get a free copy of your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com. The best time to work on your budget is before you move!
- Determine your housing needs and wants. Needs are what you must have, but wants you might be willing to compromise on for the right house!
- When visiting different homes, make a list of what you like about each one to help you compare them later and make the right decision.
- When you find an acceptable house, write an offer.
- Make a mortgage loan request from your lender for the final purchase amount.
- Arrange for a home inspection.
- Learn about home warranties and what they cover from your Advantage Realtor.
- Compare and secure homeowners insurance.
- Make your moving plans.
- Do a final walk through of the house prior to closing with your Advantage Realtor.
- Attend the final closing and settlement of the transaction.
- Move to your new home and begin enjoying it—-your deserve it!!
Below are some links that will help make your search easier – if you have ANY questions about a property or the area in general, please don’t hesitate to ask.